Thursday, June 2, 2011

Start Date!

AUGUST 30TH!


That is the date I will arrive in France and begin my new duties! I was able to have a nice hour and a half long conversation with my host mom today. Things we discussed today:

  • My social network when I'm there. She was looking up different things for me to do and be involved in, she wants to make sure I'm not bored or lonely. I told her not to worry... I'm already researching up a storm, I have plenty of things to keep me busy!
  • The French Government and how they are such backwards thinkers. She doesn't care for them.
  • Flying while in Europe, The airports around Paris. She was so proud that I knew the airports in the area... Charles De Gaulle, Roissy, Orly, and Beauvais. She laughed when I told her what I thought of Beauvais last time I was there, a barn that happened to have airplanes. We swapped horror stories about Ryan Air.
  • Gardens, she said that the kids had planted some radishes, pumpkins, and other veggies and they should be ready by the time I'm there! I told her I'll send her pictures of my backyard garden with herbs and veggies.
  • She's worried that I'm going to miss the beach. I insisted to her that I've lived here for 25 years and I can trade the beach for castles, chateaus, and monuments for a year, a small sacrifice!
  • I even got to speak with both of the kids today, they're just so sweet! I asked O (in French!) if he had recieved my little present I sent him. He squealed with delight and said he LOVED IT! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
All in all, a great conversation, I really like the fact that conversation flows easy with the both of us, there's no awkward pauses. I know we'll get all get along just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment