Monday, May 30, 2011

Calm Before The Storm

picnikfile_6nkZsx


I enjoyed a weekend out in the sun, catching up on some light reading. My current read is a book my co-worker Dianne gave me for my birthday... which I had actually been eyeing for almost a year!

This book, written by Elizabeth Band, is a story of how she met her husband and moved to Paris. She struggles with learning a new language, visits the lovely markets, and it follows her through dating, marriage, buying an apartment and all it entails. Tucked in the chapters are recipes that she connects with different moments in her life. Some of the ones I'm plotting to make are:
  • Fresh Mint Tea
  • Oven Roasted Pork Ribs with Honey
  • Poached Cod with Roasted Leeks and Homemade Mayonaise
  • Chocolate Creme with Creme Anglaise
  • Pasta with Fresh Peas, Arugula, and Goat Cheese
Now I'd better head off to slather another layer of aloe on.... the burn... it hurts!


No comments:

Post a Comment