I figure I'd list out some movies that I love that feature Paris or France. And yes, they're making the trip with me!
1. Amelie (2002) - Hands down, one of my favorite movies ever. Starring one of the most popular French actresses around, Audrey Tautou, it's such a charming movie. Set in the Monmartre area of Paris, this whirlwind adventure takes you into the lives of Amelie and her friends and family. She plays tricks, does good deeds, and plays Nancy Drew.
2. French Kiss (1995) - A really cute romantic comedy featuring Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline. She overcomes her fear of flying to go to Paris to find her fiancee cheating and with someone else. Kevin Kline is a Frenchman who stumbles upon her and helps her go from a meager weak person to a strong woman. Starts out in Paris, travels to the wine country, and then ends up in the Cote d'Azure.
3. Le Divorce (2003) - Starring Kate Hudson and Naomi Watts as two sisters. Naomi is married to a Frenchman that leaves her, while pregnant with their second child. Kate flies over to help her sister, and manages to have an affair with the uncle of her sister's husband at a series of fabulous French eateries.
4. Funny Face (1957)- A musical with Fred Astaire, Audrey Hepburn, and Paris. I adore those old feel-good musicals with loads of happy songs and wonderful dancing.
5. Midnight in Paris (2011) - I just saw this twice in theaters and I'm completely smitten with it. Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams (and a whole huge cast of big name stars) are visiting Paris with her family, and he goes on midnight walks to find something enchanting happens in Paris after Midnight. I won't spoil the surprise, you'll have to see it for yourself!
6. Ratatouille (2007) - I know this is an animated movie, but I can't help but include it. Remy is a rat that loves to cook, Linguini is his own personal human puppet, cooking for Remy. This movie will make you want to hop right in the kitchen.
7. Marie Antoinette (2006) - A movie that was filmed at the beautiful palace of Versailles. Chronicling Marie Antoinette's life from marriage to the end, this movie has a fabulous 80's soundtrack and is such eye candy. The costumes and sets are fantastic.
A few other movies are : Moulin Rouge, A Good Year, and Phantom of the Opera.