Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting Game...




I got my approval from the French Department of Labor that says I'm able to go over as a wage worker! My host mom had to put up a fight with them, but after almost 7 weeks of waiting, it was finally given the positive rating. The best part about it is that there is no time limit, unlike the regular au pair visa which only lets you stay for a year. This also allows me to have a part time job if I choose!

I'm now anxiously awaiting paperwork from the French Consulate in Miami. What I'm hoping is that since I already have approval from France, that I don't have to go apply for a visa. But I'm a little excited to go to Miami, since I've never been.... I'm dying to take pictures of South Beach's Art Deco buildings and sample some delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment